Myanmar || Remote-based
The consultant hired by UN WOMEN Myanmar to prepare an interim Country Strategic Note (2021-23) is seeking an assistant for hire.
The assistant will be assisting Dr John Vong during the period of consultancy, for 20-30 days, ending in September 2021.
Scope of work
Under the guidance of the Myanmar Multi-Country Office and the UN Women Head of Programme, the consultant will be required to produce an interim Country Strategic Note. The assistant will be required to support the consultant in the deliverables outlined in this work (further details below).
Interested applicants are expected to have a post-graduate (Master’s minimum) qualification (disciplines outlined below). In addition, candidate will be required to deliver presentations when needed.
Applicants are advised to submit their CV to Ms Tan Poh Ling (pohling.tan70[a]gmail.com), cc: secretary [a] mes.org.my
The indicative list of tasks the assistant is expected to support the consultant as they work to complete:
- A desk review of existing UN Women strategic documents and UN Myanmar Country Team Common Frameworks;
- Stakeholder facilitations and data collection;
- Situation and risk analysis, including identification of constraints and opportunities for UN Women’s engagement in development, human rights and humanitarian assistance and their nexus;
- Drafting, validation, finalization and costing of a final draft interim Strategic Note 2021-2023, including an integrated results and resources framework and other components of the UN Women Strategic Note package.
Skills & Experience
Preferably holders of PhD or master’s degree in social sciences, gender studies, public administration, international relations, international law, public policy, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
Skills and Experience:
The assistant should have demonstrated experience and understanding in the following areas to support the consultancy:
- Women, Peace and Security;
- International work experience including within UN, will be an asset;
- Editorial & writing experience in analytical documents including strategic documents;
- Application of results-based management (RBM) principles into strategic planning processes;
- Familiarity with human rights concepts and normative frameworks related to gender equality and empowerment of women and girls