The American Evaluation Association and the International and Cross-Cultural Evaluation TIG are pleased to invite professional evaluators living and practicing in emerging countries to submit applications for International Travel Awards to attend and present at the 2017 AEA Annual Conference to be held November 6-11, 2017 in Washington, DC, USA. Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2017
|This year we anticipate awarding seven International Travel Awards of approximately $2,000 USD each plus waived conference registration, pre/post conference workshops, and AEA membership. The awards may be used to cover actual travel costs, food, and shared accommodations. All awards are paid out at the conference as reimbursement of documented expenses and are paid only to those who are selected, who attend, and who make the anticipated presentation. The International Travel Awards recipients will be notified no later than July 11, 2017.|
Eligibility and How to Apply:
In order to qualify for an AEA International Travel Award, all applicants must meet all criteria below:
- Have not previously participated in AEA conferences;
- Demonstrate good fluency in English, being able to make a professional presentation and sustain a discussion in English (applicants may be interviewed by one of the International and Cross-Cultural TIG Co-Chairs as part of the selection process);
- Submit a complete INDIVIDUAL application (group applications will not be accepted), including cover letter, budget, curriculum vitae or resume, and two letters of reference. No applications will be considered without all of these elements;
- Be a citizen of, and both reside and practice evaluation in, an emerging country or emerging country for at least two years (US citizens or those with dual citizenship between the US and a second country are not eligible. For a list of countries considered to be developing or emerging, click here);
- Propose to present at the Evaluation 2017 conference and have at least one proposal accepted.Applicants must submit one of the following approved presentation types: Panel, Paper, Multi-paper, Roundtable, or Think Tank. Submissions that do not follow the approved formats will not be considered for these awards. If a proposal is submitted in an approved session format, but is accepted to present as a format outside of the approved list, then the submitter is not eligible for these awards.
Funds for the International Travel Awards are raised through generous donations to the annual AEA Silent Auction and the contributions of workshop speakers who donate their honorariums.